Berg River Brewery Paarl

The other day I was driving around Paarl looking for a place in the industrial area. It was one of those famously hot Paarl days and I was d...


The other day I was driving around Paarl looking for a place in the industrial area. It was one of those famously hot Paarl days and I was developing a big thirst. Then out of the blue I passed a sign that says: Berg River Brewery. Here I discovered a little oasis on the banks of the Berg River, a craft beer brewery!

The first thing that I noticed when I walked in was the interesting artwork on the beer taps and bottle labels. (See pictures below.) I met Glen Grier at The Taproom, who treated me to a tasting of their craft beers. They currently have four beers on offer: Helles Lager, Blonde Ale, Kristal Weizz and a Pale Ale. I was trying to figure out which one was my favorite, but I must admit; I liked them all!

There is a beer for every occasion. From the light, refreshing, low alcohol (2.5%) Kristal Weizz to the fruity, silky smooth, Pale Ale.

Glen told me about exiting future plans for the brewery, so I will definitely be popping in again later in the year to check on their progress.

Go visit them at Unit 1, 34-36 Westhoven Street, Paarl.


Find them on my Craft Beer Google Map, here.

Checkout their website www.bergriverbrewery.co.za for more details. They are also on Facebook and Instagram.




The Taproom










You Might Also Like

0 comments