In Search Of South African Malbec Wines: Diemersdal Estate Malbec

If you follow me on my various social media platforms, you will know that I am on this self-imposed quest to discover South African Malbec ...

If you follow me on my various social media platforms, you will know that I am on this self-imposed quest to discover South African Malbec wines.

So when I visited Diemersdal the other day I was pleasantly surprised to discover that they now have a Malbec available at their tasting room.

I knew that they produce a Merlot-Malbec blend exclusively for Woolworths, but was unware of the 100% Malbec.

I couldn’t wait to taste it and was not disappointed. It was exactly how I prefer my Malbec wines: Deep structure, full body and spicy undertones with a smooth and juicy finish.

This wine will pair well for me with meaty winter stews and hearty tomato based pastas.

Diemersdal Estate Malbec 2015

Tasting Room Manager, Theresa Johnson


The Tasting Room at Diemersdal
The palm trees in front of the homestead at Diemersdal were planted decades ago by Grandfather Matthys Louw.
The Diemersdal Farm Eatery

For more information visit www.diemersdal.co.za.

More South African wineries where WineTourismZA found malbec wine.













If your Malbec-producing vineyard is not included above, please email me the details to hlintvelt@hotmail.com. I would love to come and visit you!

You Might Also Like

0 comments